It's been exactly 3 months that I've been in Korea ... the time seems to have flown by, but at the same time it feels like I've been here forever ... hard to explain!
I feel like some kind of reflection is necessary - I'm 1/4 of the way done my year in Korea.
I'm loving being here, and although I had some homesickness a few weeks ago, I've bounced back am ready to have 9 more amazing months here.
What do I miss most about home?
- friends & family
- open space, lack of crowds, being able to walk down my road and not see a single person
- summer sunsets on Chemong Lake, boat rides, skiing etc
- cheese curds, pizza villa, Wendy's spicy chicken combo, limes, the chocolate chip banana bread at Starbucks
What do I love about Korea?
- the wonderful people I've met here
- living near the beach, morning runs on the beach, tanning etc
- George and I finally live in the same city again!
- my apartment ... it's amazing
- Korean food (minus school lunches), lime draft, aloe water
- Korean babies
- experiencing a completely foreign culture
- the convenience of city living
- the adorable kids that I teach
- all of the funny things I see on a daily basis
- cheap makeup
- being able to see mountains from anywhere in Busan
- visits to the orphanage
- seaside temple
- taking Korean lessons twice a week
- Spaland, jimjilbangs
- staying out all night
- eating live octopus
It's been quite an adventure so far and I look forward to exploring Busan and the rest of Korea in the coming months.
I still don't like Kimchi.
Missing Foreigner Joy? Try American Joy
3 years ago