Thursday, January 21, 2010

That's what I'm doin' these days.

January in Korea has been pretty uneventful.
Regular school hours do not apply - all schools have Winter Camp schedules.
For me that means 3 weeks of mornings-only. Can't complain about that. Although I am only teaching grades 1 and 2 ... I miss the kids who actually speak English! The positive is that I am home by early afternoon and have lots of time to exercise, read and just relax.
I have completed 2 weeks of camp, so after next week I am free. George finished his camp last week, so has been enjoying his time off. We only have one week of overlapping vacation, and have decided to visit Boracay, Philippines. A quick google image search will show you what we are in for. I can't wait!
The weather here has been very random, jumping from -1 to 16 in the space of a few days. On the coldest days it is absolutely freezing at school since windows and doors remain open, even though heaters are blasting. I can just hear my dad saying "Close that, we're not heating the great outdoors!"
The best thing about Busan's winter is that it is almost always sunny. We've only had about 2 or 3 rainy/cloudy days in January. This makes for some great conditions for outdoor exercise like jogging and hiking - both of which I've been doing a lot of!

No comments:

Post a Comment